- Calcium is the most prevalent mineral in a racing & show pigeons body and is required in the diet in a greater amount than any other mineral.
- Calcium constitutes more than a third of the total mineral content of an adult pigeon. The skeleton contains about 98% of a birds calcium. Bones not only serve a structural role but provide a pool of calcium, phosphate and other compounds.
- Calcium is an essential element in the bird’s body. Amongst others it is essential for the correct functioning of the nervous system.
- Calcium deficiencies in birds regularly result in serious health problems. If the bird is not given enough calcium, it causes decalcification of the skeleton and bone deformation.
- Giving extra calcium to birds during the breeding and growth season is therefore strongly recommended. Sufficient calcium ensures good egg shell formation and the development of a healthy skeleton.
Pet Care International
Pet Care International is well known for its commitment to improve the health and well-being of pets with innovative products since 2002. The company has developed a range of beneficial products that improve health by restoring the natural balance between nutrients and foodstuffs. Pet Care International has manufactured and distributed a variety of health -related products including vitamins, nutritional supplements,skin care products for pets.